Thursday, October 1, 2009

Warm Ups

So apparently the Israeli drama is starting before I even arrive (although I have to admit that it is my fault- one should not order plane tickets from a hospital room...)

My flight lands in Israel on Friday at 2:30 pm. Thinking about chag in Philly, I figured that shabbat/sukkot would not come in until about 6/6:15 which would give me almost 4 hours to get though customs, baggage claim and to my apartment in Jerusalem before the sirens. Then two days ago I find out that chag starts in Jerusalem at 4:47!!!! So now I have just over 2 hours to get though customs, baggage claim and to my apartment in Jerusalem before the sirens. YIKES!

Wish me luck and chag sameach...now back to packing!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous1/10/09 13:38

    Gotta love Israel adjusting daylight savings time based on YK instead of following the rest of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember the 40 minute rules

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9/10/09 00:11

    Blog away!! You sound like Aviva: wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9/10/09 00:12

    Your Bubbee thinks that you are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete