Sunday, November 8, 2009

"Freakim"

Freakim ’פריקים’ is a new word that I learned today. In the last blogpost, I wrote about this synagogue that I went to where Bakashot are done every Thursday night. In my Tefillah (prayer) class, we were encouraged to also go to Bakashot at a different Sephardic shul in Nachlaot that has them every Saturday morning starting at 3 am. As Reb Moshe explained it; "There are many individuals who like Bakashot so much that they go to both places. People like that are called freakim!" I am still unclear if Reb Moshe would consider himself part of that group...

In other news, Devora called me today to tell me that in response to my note that they were (suggested that within the next 50 years) going to make all of the street signs transliterations of the Hebrew- Yerushalayim, etc- she saw a bus where scrolling across the top, in English, was "Tzofim Mountain." What a special country!

No comments:

Post a Comment