I hate cell phones. While I sometimes appreciate the convenience, I hate the hastle of constantly switching it from ring to vibrate and back all day. Some of my happiest days are when I happen to leave it at home. I also think that I am happier when I cannot be reached 24/6.
Right now I am frustrated with the cell phone company that Schechter suggested we rent from, Israel Phones. Not only do they pick the least used cell phone provider (like having t-mobil in the states) I went to settle my bank balances online only to discover a 172.51 charge on my account with no explanation or statement to check. I call them to find out that I went far over the plan that I had initially purchased before arriving in Israel. I then proceed to upgrade minutes and downgrade texts, vow not to call anyone ever again and call them back. I was under the impression that the benefit to having a phone through the school was that calling other students on the plan was less or even free. Apparently, when you sign up for a plan (only one option not to), that is not the case and every call that you make deducts from the minutes. Then the highlight was that they told me that I could check my balance and statement online with a log-in and password that they had never given me.
As I said- I hate my cellphone. If it weren't for the alarm clock feature, I might return it.
Aviva
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I discovered that as well. I told them they need to make it clear with the packages. I believe I mentioned it to Gail, too. I was really pissed when I first found out. You are luckier. you can track usage. They didn't have that capability last year.
ReplyDelete